Sunday, May 15, 2011

Discipline!

I spent hours on sorting the books and yelled at the kids that they do not mess up the book shelves any more. It was really a huge mess that i almost cried when i cleaned it up. Anyways, i told them that they need to bring 10 books each from upstairs and put it in the book basket in living room and read only those until they are done with them. When they are done they need to take it back, put it in the exact place they got them from and take the next 10 books. I was so proud of my rules! What i didnt do was, i didn't complete putting all the books back in the shelves. I did 60% of it - Sorted in groups according to age. The rest 40% was sorted too, but were piled up on the floor. I couldn't get to it next couple of days as work was hectic. Then, i went yday and the books were strewn all over the room. It was quite a sight, really! I almost fainted because, AJ had pulled some more from the shelves and thrown them across. A humongous book mess. All was done in very little time because we hardly spent any time at the house during that time. I sat down and sorted and put away again. This time 90% was done. I am human after all! Couldn't do any more. Today morning i woke up mad because of this and i told AJ in a stern voice that i was so upset the previous night because of the huge mess he made and what he did was wrong and he says "Why did you go upstairs in the night? You are supposed to sleep in the night"!

Gaaahhh!! What will i do when he is a teenager?!! I know, i will be ordering a wig!!

Here i have to give credit to the big kid Ashu. He did not take any book other than what he picked for the week and when he was done, he conveniently went back to dad's kindle!

No comments: