Thursday, December 2, 2010

AJ the lawyer

I think i have mentioned this before that my paternal grandpa was a lawyer and my dad once mentioned that it is his wish to have one of the grandkids become a lawyer just like his dad. I dont know why he said no when i wanted to become one...Hmm!! Anyways, i used to think Ashu had the potential to become a lawyer with his non stop logical questions and his habit of correcting us technically..but after some time i started thinking he sounded more like a walking encyclopedia handing out facts than a lawyer. Or in short, a  professor and that was his nickname in the previous school too :-) Couple of days back AJ made me realize that he is my dad's dream! Read this to understand what i mean...AJ was troubling Ashu constantly, so i scolded him. No,w AJ is a menaa minukki who doesnt like to be scolded. He gets upset even if we say a loud MMMM and we end up with a Llama llama what a drama! ;-) So, when i scolded him he was so upset that he came to me and said, "I am not going to talk to you" and i was not in the greatest mood either and so i said "Fine. Me too". For that he said "Mommy, i said i am not going to talk to you and you said Me too, does that mean you are not going to talk to yourself?" I could not answer at that moment..That was the first time where i couldn't come up with a smart alec reply!! So, we have my thaatha's vaarisu now!! :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow Girl u awesome kids.. wow tooo intelligent for their age..
i see u work.. so how did they learn all this so young....i saw ur older post..!!!! wow they learned smalls abc too very fast...enlighten me missy as i have twins of 4 yrs n still need to work on their... abc... really need some ideas here...

Vibaas said...

thanks anon! I wish i had your email id :) We read a lot to the kids and we started when they were about 6 months old. When they started saying words, we would point to easy words and emphasize that when we read it. That helped them in recognizing the words. Am not sure if it is the best way as they picked pattern matching first and phonics later. But, we have not seen any issues with that. They are really good at spelling too and that makes me think they did not lag behind on phonics either. Hope this helps.