Friday, November 20, 2009

Ashu's Report Card and AJ's timeout

Yesterday, i put Clifford DVD for ajay to feed him his dinner. That DVD has several episodes, so i usually let him watch one episode even if he's done eating before that and then i turn it off. Yday, before i turned it off the second episode started and he got so angry and came towards me and hit me on my back. He was quite furious and i told him AJ we do not hit others. He said that back and i asked him to stand in the corner facing the wall for timeout and to my suprise, he did that. So finally, he started understanding the concept of timeout. Teehee. But, the downside was he was enjoying it. He was giggling and standing, facing the wall!! It just reminded me of my study hols during school days, where i used to sit gazing at the cieling with the text book in my hand and my dad used to ask me if i was watching chitrahaar or oliyum oliyum on the cieling! Maybe, AJ was thinking about the rest of the episode and picturizing it in the wall :D

Ashu got his second report card for this semester. He got all Es (including music and PE) except one. He got G in English (writing) and i bet it was because of the missing punctuations. The dude cannot put a period at the end of each sentence.
He also had to write a book report yday on Morgan le fay and they asked him to read about her in Wiki. Lib didn't have any books on her i guess. I was shocked when i read about her..I was thankful i read about her before letting him read. So, i just took some notes (at a kid level) and asked him to read that and write the report :) Wiki was talking some grown up stuff that i would not want a child to read :-O

Ashu was happy because they only wanted a short report this time (compared to the 4 pages he wrote last week!) The teacher told him, it's only 1/2 page she wants from everyone and 1 page from him because he writes big :D

Yesterday, i made cheppankizhangu (arvi) roast. Ashu loved it adn kept asking for more. So, i told him that he should always have open mind and try whatever i cook because the previous time i made it, he threw a huge fit that i didnt make roast potatos and refused to touch it. I dont make it often as we dont get arvi most of the times. I guess that's one of the reasons that it looked new to him. He said that he has never seen arvi and that i must be imagining things!! Sometimes i wonder who the parent is!!

No comments: