Saturday, November 1, 2008

Funnies

Before going to the party on sunday, i kept some of the besan burfi in the counter top for us. I had put it in a ziploc box and closed it tight. On monday, i gave some for Ashu and a small piece for Aj. I was scared to give him more because i vaguely remembered my mil telling me that kids dont digest besan well. I put the box back on the counter top and went to the living room. Aj went back to the kitchen and tried to get it. He couldn't reach and he opened the drawer that has plastic boxes, pulled one out out and climbed on it and got the box of burfis. He brought it to me and asked me to open and took a big piece! He loved it and i was so proud of my burfi.
He refused to eat dinner and that's a different story!!

Again on tuesday, he was trying to get something from the countertop and i had hidden all the stools away. He casually pulled a big plastic box and climbed on it and got what he wanted!! I got so mad at him and said 'Aj mandalaye onnu poduven' and he innocently started saying 'tuesday wednesday...etc' on hearing mandey :D We all started laughing and he looked puzzled. Ashu said, 'he seems to know too much for his age'..as if he knows everything about babies...4,5 pera kozhandhai edutha kezhavan maari oru comment. konjam too much :D

I asked Ashu what he did in LEAPS on tuesday (last week) and he said they asked them to play a game in computer lab and he didn't complete it because he didn't have time. I asked if none of them finished and he said all the others finished, but he didn't have time. I asked him if he wasted his time talking and he said yes. I told him that he shouldn't keep talking like this and he will end up with incomplete work everywhere. He casually replied, 'i know that mommy, but i dont know why i talk though!' Ha! Nice excuse, maybe i should try that too ;-) Sounds so much like Dennis the Menace...I should quit reading that!

We are getting K TV now. I noticed that on saturday and i thought it's probably a free preview for the weekend. We usually get free previews of one of the desi channels once in a while. It's 4 days and we still have it..Hmmm, i got worried and i asked B to check if aj ordered it by mistake.I dont know if B checked it or not! We have had these things happen with Ashu. Ashu had ordered Curious George, The wild, etc on Pay per view when we left him with my inlaws and went furniture shopping. They didn't know about it and he milagai arachified them :-)
We locked the 'order' button but K TV was one of the green channels that doesn't require interaction and the lock is not effective on those. Those channels can be added with just one hit!

No comments: