Monday, August 30, 2010

Ashu kutty turns 8

Happy Birthday Dear Ashu and wish you many more to come! May God bless you!!

Today is Ashu's birthday but we started celebrating from last evening. We got a small cake and cut it yesterday. It was funny how aj's eyes were all set on the cake..only on the cake. When Ashu cut the cake, B asked me to wait before feeding him so he would get the camera ready and aj kept his mouth opened going aa aa and i didnt even notice and i gave the cake to ashu. B did the same thing. My mom was the only person who noticed aj going after the cake and asked us to give him. I asked B to take a pic and aj said Give it already! :D It was hilarious!

Paati gave him a starwars game and he was totally surprised and too happy :) (Ahem!! my idea ;-)) AJ gave a small gift..the helicopter kind of game. Ashu was surprised with a gift from AJ and i was surprised that AJ actually gave the gift to him without claiming it to be his! :) Last week when bobby was here she got two toys - one for each and after bobby left aj went and asked ashu which one is his and Ashu pointed to his toy and AJ snatched it and said..na uh..this is mine. you play with the other!! So, you can understand why i was surprised when aj actually gave the toy to ashu :)
B and I have ordered a Wii cd for him. It was his choice :) We have not planned anything for his birthday yet as we have not recovered from the move yet. This weekend being a long weekend, we would probably do something the weekend after this. Something that he will enjoy with his friends.
I first thought of combining his birthday with house warming..we are nowhere closer to that!! B is travelling this week and mom's leaving next weekend. There is no way i can pull the house warming party now!!

Ashu-ism: My bro n sil called him in the morning to wish him and when my bro asked him what he wants Ashu said "I want you to get up and come here" :-)

Lots of wishes from relatives and friends made his day a happy one :) Balaje had to travel to columbus and i took the folks to the temple all by myself for the first time. I took directions from google to avoid highway in the dark and the GPS promptly routed me thro' a highway. I had to take it since i missed the turn before the highway as per my directions..anyways, it was not too bad. But, GPS has duplicate addresses for the temple and i just guessed and went with one and luckily it was the correct one! AJ must've heard me rambling about it to my mom and on the way back he whispered to Ashu "I think we are lost!" Grr at him :-) Also, B asked AJ why he went to the temple and he promptly replied saying to eat laddus. Additional health tip provided by AJ to B was "Laddus are healthy as they have lot of protein" :-)

It was around 9 when we came back after a Great Dharshan! :)

I said Ashu-ism now here is one Aj-ism. I had left a small piece of cake from yesterday for Ashu. Ashu said he will eat it after he comes from school. The little dude promptly had it for breakfast and then apologized to ashu saying that he didnt know it was his!!! Second kids!! I am the only exception, i say!!

No comments: