Friday, October 10, 2008

Circus Saga

As you all know, B is in Atlanta this week and we had Circus yesterday. It was only one day as it was a mobile circus. I had no plans of taking them at first. Somewhere down the road, this guilt feeling creeped inside me that i didn't take Aj to any fun place this summer. Actually, we did take him to NJ and to the central park there, but that didn't strike me until it was too late ;-) So to overcome the guilt, i decided to take them to the circus all by myself. I mentioned it to my friend S and asked her if she wanted to join me and she happily (Poor thing!) accepted and we were all happy and set. Btw, i was so determined to take them even if nobody was accompanying me. I dont know what i ate or drank...I was completely out of my mind :-O Anyways, yesterday afternoon when we were making plans on where to meet and at what time, S's roomie K stopped by and she overheard Circus and was all excited and said she wanted to come with us too. More the merrier. We all left at 6.45 and reached there by 7.15 after finding a good parking space. So far so good...As soon as we entered fairgrounds, we saw the cages where the tigers were locked up. The tigers were walking inside the cages majestically and Aj got so excited to see them and screamed 'Dokky Dokky (Doggy, doggy)'. Poor tigers! What a great insult to them! :-) We proceeded and found a place to sit and lo and behold! Aj got all hyper! Ashu was so good, thankfully. Aj didn't want to sit in one place. The circus was supposed to start at 7.30 and there was no sign of it. Finally there started few minutes shy of 8 and that didn't control Aj either. He was way too wiggly and trying to squirm out of my hands. He didn't bother to even turn his eyes towards the circus and what was the reason we came to the circus in the first place? Sigh!

Halfway thro' the circus, K got Ashu a light up sword and Aj kept snatching it from Ashu and that made the quieter one angry. I started feeling that the time wasn't moving. And to add fuel to the fire they gave a long break. I gave aj to S and took ashu to get popcorn. He cried and created a scene and made S come looking for me. By now, she must've regretted coming with us :( Poor girls! :-) Finally, the circus ended with an accident. Three bikes inside the cage fell one on top of the other :( The crowd started moving and we didn't know if anyone got hurt badly. We left the circus too. We took Chalupas as takeout from Taco bell and went to S's, had dinner and reached home at 11 in the night! After all this i feel that i should get 'Puraskar' award for being so brave! :-)

No comments: