Saturday, November 27, 2010

SSSSSSHABBBAAA

I have this signature in my email that says " Office: A place where you can relax after your strenuous home life ;-)"

And ever since i added that my work life got soooo hectic..not that it made my home life any better. With the move, it only got worse. I survived only because my mom was here. Anyways, work is a little stable now. No more 12+ hours of work everyday!! But, if i have to rate something worse than work and the chores at home, it is the chores given to parents by the school. I dont know how they always manage to pick the hectic weeks. I am to be partly blamed here too..I bit more than i could chew. Everytime i goto PTO i see very few indian parents and ore pheelings!! So, i signed up for lot of things and now i am like SSS Habba!! :D Ashu's school is quite reasonable and they schedule meetings after work hours usually and it is the activities that we signed him up for that takes more work from us, so we are to be blamed. But in AJ's school you have to do some voluntary work and i told them i would like to pick the ones that i can do off hours..And they gave a list of garden supplies and asked me to get that for his school. I thought no big deal, just go ask someone and grab those things and come. They wanted two big white mums -none of the stores had white mums...Baaah! After couple of stores, i decided that's it and picked pink. They wanted 6 small containers of pansies..the small containers were super tiny and the next big containers were little large. ore confusion...so didnt pick it as i needed clarification. then they wanted evergreens..and there was no one around to help us..We went aisle by aisle looking for evergreen and neither me nor B had a clue what an evergreen was.

I said evergreen is probably something that wont change colour during fall and something that is perenial and i picked two pots of green perenials and Ashu said mommy i dont think that's evergreen, it should look like those christmas trees..i hushed him and gave the same explanation and put the pots in the cart and we also picked the bags of potting soil they wanted and started heading out and store guy came and asked if i found everything okay. So, i asked him if the "evergreens" i picked were actually evergreens and he suppressed his laughter and said no. He said he will bring it for me and got me the ones that were looking like christmas trees (small in size) and Ashu gave me a look. Finally, i dumped all of those at AJ's scool the next and thunda kaanum thuniya kaanum-nu odi vandhutten before they handed me another list!! ;-)



And the same week was our snack supply week too and theriyaama i asked the teacher what kind of snacks we can send and she started with a list of conditions ...sort of like manalkayiru s.v.shekar. :-O We managed to find some healthy snacks for all the vaandus and am glad we are done with snack supply for the year!! :D Btw, the snacks did meet all the conditions ;-)

No comments: